Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS) is a leading world-known classification society closely associated with ice ships, high-tech icebreakers and ice-resistant equipment to develop offshore oil-and-gas fields.
Our history is traced back to 1913. Today, we work in all areas of the maritime industry and offer our customers the competent business solutions. The efficiency and mobility of our activities/performance is supported by highly qualified specialists in offices worldwide.
RS is recognized by the maritime administrations of many flag states. Wide experience in technical survey of facilities of different types and purposes, participation in large-scale projects allow us to quickly respond to any changes in processes.
Register joined the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) in 1969 and took active part in its activity.
The RS main objectives are:
- Improvement of standards of safety of life at sea
- Improvement of ship safe navigation standards
- Improvement of standards of safe carriage of goods by sea and in inland waters
- Development of measures and standards to prevent environmental pollution.
Highly qualified personnel and a wide network of offices in the Russian Federation and worldwide enable RS to provide prompt and reliable services elsewhere:
- Design technical appraisal, survey and issue of documents, certificates and reports to ships and offshore installations as well as to ship machinery, equipment, arrangements, products, outfit and materials, refrigerating plants, cargo handling gear, containers
- Tonnage measurement of ships and offshore installations
- Survey for compliance with the requirements of international conventions and issue of relevant certificates and other documents on behalf of maritime administrations of the states - parties to the international conventions
- Certification of industrial products and processes
- Certification of quality management, environmental management and health and safety management systems for compliance with the ISO International Standards Series 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Certification of safety management systems of shipping companies and ships for compliance with the International Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention
- Analysis of data and submission of information at the request of shipowners, maritime administrations, underwriters and port authorities in case of ship’s class transfer
- Cooperation with maritime administrations and port authorities during the inspections of ships in ports
Fr: 8:30 – 16:15 (msk)