Federal Autonomous Institution "Russian Maritime Register of Shipping" builds the Policy in the field of labor protection in accordance with the requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation and the states where the RS Branch Offices are located, based on the principles set forth in the international standard ISO 45001 and the IACS Occupational and Health Policy.
In its activities, the FAI "Russian Maritime Register of Shipping" is guided by the following principles:
- fulfillment of requirements of international contracts and standards, national legislative requirements;
- continual improvement and enhancement of activities in the field of labor protection and working conditions, the risks mitigation;
- planning and implementation of activities aimed at reducing work-related injuries and occupational diseases;
- planning and implementation of activities to provide employees with personal protective equipment against hazardous occupational factors;
- involvement of the RS employees at all levels in the management of the labor protection system;
To comply with the above principles, the FAI "Russian Maritime Register of Shipping" sets the following goals and objectives:
- ensuring labor protection and safe working conditions for employees;
- provision of sanitary-household and treatment-and-prophylactic services for employees;
- ensuring the functioning of systems for monitoring and controlling the state of labor protection and working conditions at workplaces;
- conducting a special assessment of working conditions;
- minimization of risks and prevention of the threat of occupational injuries;
- continuous training in safe methods and techniques for performing work on labor protection, safety knowledge assesment;
- allocation of organizational, material and financial resources to ensure the management of labor protection and the implementation of labor protection measures;
- increasing the personal responsibility of each employee for compliance with the labor protection requirements.